Kara is a name that has been around for centuries, and it is popular in many different cultures. This article will explore the meaning of the name Kara and its origins. We will also discuss the popularity of the name, famous people with the name, and other interesting facts.
What is the meaning of the name Kara?
The name Kara is derived from the Latin word “carus,” which means dear or beloved. It is also believed to be derived from the Gaelic word “cara,” which means friend. In Greek, the name Kara means pure. In Hebrew, it translates to “to call” or “to proclaim.”
Who typically has the name Kara?
The name Kara is commonly given to baby girls, although it can also be used as a unisex name. It is most popular in English-speaking countries like the United States, Canada, and Australia.
When did the name Kara become popular?
The name Kara became popular in the 1970s and peaked in popularity in the 1980s. Its popularity has declined since then but remains a common name for baby girls.
How to choose the perfect middle name for Kara?
Choosing a middle name for Kara depends on personal preference. Some popular options include:
- Kara Elizabeth
- Kara Marie
- Kara Grace
- Kara Nicole
- Kara Jane
Pros and Cons of having the name Kara
- It is easy to pronounce and spell.
- It is a versatile name that can be paired with many different last names and middle names.
- It has a positive meaning and connotation.
- It may be too common and not unique enough for some people.
- It may be associated with certain stereotypes, such as being a “typical” girl’s name.
Alternatives to the name Kara
If you are looking for an alternative to the name Kara, some options include:
Step by step to do to legally change your name to Kara
If you want to legally change your name to Kara, follow these steps:
- Fill out a name change petition with the court in the county where you live.
- Pay the filing fee for the petition.
- Schedule a hearing date.
- Attend the hearing and present your case for why you want to change your name.
- If the court approves your petition, receive a certified copy of the court order approving your name change.
- Update your name with the Social Security Administration, DMV, and other relevant agencies.
How does Kara compare to other popular names?
Kara is not as popular as it once was but still ranks within the top 1000 baby names in the United States. Compared to other popular names, such as Emma or Olivia, Kara is less common but still recognizable.
Tips for naming your child Kara
If you are considering naming your child Kara, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Consider pairing it with a unique middle name to make it stand out.
- Think about how the name will sound with your last name.
- Look up the popularity of the name in your area to see if it is too common.
- Consider the meaning of the name and if it aligns with your values.
The best nicknames for Kara
Some popular nicknames for Kara include:
The name Kara has a rich history and a positive meaning. It is a timeless name that remains popular today. Whether you are considering naming your child Kara or thinking about changing your own name, it is a name worth considering.
- Is Kara a unisex name?
- While Kara is most commonly given to baby girls, it can also be used as a unisex name.
- What are some famous people with the name Kara?
- Famous people with the name Kara include actress Kara Hayward and musician Kara DioGuardi.
- What is the origin of the name Kara?
- The name Kara has Latin, Gaelic, Greek, and Hebrew origins.
- Is the name Kara still popular today?
- While its popularity has declined since the 1980s, Kara remains a common name for baby girls.
- What does the name Kara mean in Greek?
- In Greek, the name Kara means pure.
We’re Emma Carole Paradis and Kimberly Carole, the owners and designers of Impeccable Nest, based in Bedford, New Hampshire. A mother-daughter team with a love of design. Originally from Manhattan Beach, California, now based in Bedford, New Hampshire, we bring a Southern California cool and New England tradition to our design. Not only do we work together…we also live together in a multi-generational home…and a home that they are known to design for others.