Reagan is a name that has gained popularity in recent years, particularly in the United States. But what does it mean? In this article, we will explore the definition of the name Reagan and its origins, as well as its popularity, variations, and more.
What is the Origin of the Name Reagan?
he name Reagan is of Irish Gaelic origin, derived from the Old Irish name “Riagan,” meaning “little king.” It was a surname before it became a first name and is commonly found in Ireland and Scotland.
Who is the Name Reagan Suitable for?
Reagan is a unisex name, but it is more commonly used for girls. It is a great option for parents who want a unique yet classic name for their child. It also has a strong meaning behind it, which can be appealing to some parents.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Name Reagan?
- Reagan is a trendy name that is gaining popularity.
- It has a strong meaning and association with royalty.
- It can be a unisex name, making it versatile.
- Some may associate the name with political figures, such as former US President Ronald Reagan.
- It may be perceived as a masculine name for girls, which could lead to confusion or teasing.
- The name’s popularity could lead to multiple classmates with the same name.
When Should You Choose the Name Reagan?
Reagan is a great name choice if you’re looking for a name that is both unique yet classic. It is suitable for babies born throughout the year and can be a great option for those with Irish heritage.
How to Choose a Middle Name for Reagan?
When choosing a middle name for Reagan, consider names that complement its uniqueness. A simple one-syllable name like Grace or James can balance out the long syllables in Reagan, while a more elaborate name like Isabella or Alexander can add flair.
What are Some Alternatives to the Name Reagan?
If you’re looking for similar names to Reagan, consider the following:
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Pronounce Reagan
Reagan is pronounced as RAY-gan. To break it down, “Ray” rhymes with “day,” and “gan” is pronounced like “can.”
How Does Reagan Compare to Other Names?
Compared to other popular names, Reagan ranks at #98 in the United States for girls’ names (as of 2021). It is more popular than names like Sloane and Giselle but less popular than names like Penelope and Scarlett.
Tips for Naming Your Child Reagan
- Consider the middle name when pairing with Reagan.
- Make sure you’re comfortable with the potential association with political figures.
- Check its popularity in your region before finalizing your decision.
The Best Nicknames for Reagan
Some great nickname options for Reagan include Ray, Rae, Regi, and Rea.
Overall, Reagan is a unique yet classic name that has gained popularity in recent years. Its strong meaning and versatile nature make it a great choice for parents looking for something different. As long as you’re comfortable with the potential associations and popularity, Reagan can be an excellent option for your child.
FAQs about the Name Reagan
- What does the name Reagan mean?
- Reagan means “little king” in Irish Gaelic.
- Is Reagan a unisex name?
- Yes, Reagan is a unisex name, but it is more commonly used for girls.
- How popular is the name Reagan?
- As of 2021, Reagan ranks at #98 in the United States for girls’ names.
- What are some good middle names for Reagan?
- Simple one-syllable names like Grace or James can balance out the long syllables in Reagan, while more elaborate names like Isabella or Alexander can add flair.
- What are some good nickname options for Reagan?
- Some great nickname options for Reagan include Ray, Rae, Regi, and Rea.
We’re Emma Carole Paradis and Kimberly Carole, the owners and designers of Impeccable Nest, based in Bedford, New Hampshire. A mother-daughter team with a love of design. Originally from Manhattan Beach, California, now based in Bedford, New Hampshire, we bring a Southern California cool and New England tradition to our design. Not only do we work together…we also live together in a multi-generational home…and a home that they are known to design for others.