Are you curious about the meaning of the name Kelli? Perhaps you’ve considered it as a name for your child, or maybe you’re just interested in the history and popularity of this name. In this article, we’ll explore the origins and variations of the name Kelli, as well as its current popularity.
Origin of the Name Kelli
The name Kelli is of Gaelic origin, with roots in Ireland and Scotland. It is a variant of the name Kelly, which means “warrior” or “fighter.” The name was traditionally given to boys, but it has become more common for girls in recent years.
Variations of the Name Kelli
While Kelli is a popular spelling of the name, there are several variations that you may encounter:
Each variation has a slightly different pronunciation, but they all have the same basic meaning.
Popularity of the Name Kelli
The popularity of the name Kelli has fluctuated over time. According to the Social Security Administration, Kelli was most popular in the United States in the late 1970s and early 1980s. It ranked among the top 100 names for girls during this period. However, its popularity has declined steadily since then.
As of 2021, Kelli is not among the top 1000 names for girls in the United States. This may be due in part to the fact that it is often considered an outdated name. However, some parents still choose the name Kelli for their children, often as a nod to their Irish or Scottish heritage.
Famous People Named Kelli
Despite its relatively low popularity, there are several famous people who share the name Kelli:
- Kelli Berglund: an American actress known for her role in the Disney XD series “Lab Rats”
- Kelli Giddish: an American actress best known for her role on the television series “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”
- Kelli O’Hara: an American actress and singer who has appeared in numerous Broadway productions
Choosing the Name Kelli
If you’re considering the name Kelli for your child, there are several factors to keep in mind. For example:
- Does the meaning of the name appeal to you?
- Do you like the way it sounds when spoken aloud?
- Is it a name that will age well with your child?
Ultimately, the decision to choose the name Kelli (or any other name) is a personal one. You may want to consider different variations of the name or explore other options altogether.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the name Kelli mean?
- The name Kelli means “warrior” or “fighter.”
- Is Kelli a popular name?
- Kelli was most popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s, but its popularity has since declined. It is not currently among the top 1000 names for girls in the United States.
- What are some variations of the name Kelli?
- Variations of the name Kelli include Kelly, Kellee, Kellie, Keleigh, and Kelley.
- Are there any famous people named Kelli?
- Yes, there are several famous people named Kelli, including actresses Kelli Berglund and Kelli Giddish, as well as singer and actress Kelli O’Hara.
- What should I consider when choosing the name Kelli for my child?
- Factors to consider when choosing the name Kelli (or any other name) might include the meaning of the name, its popularity, and whether it will age well with your child.
I am Patricia Mann, an experienced professional in the art of naming children. With a wealth of knowledge in the field of baby names, I aim to assist parents in choosing a meaningful and beautiful name for their little ones. My expertise lies in the Name Meaning section, where I delve deep into the origins and significance of names, providing valuable insights that I hope will be beneficial for parents.
Understanding the profound impact a name can have on a child’s life, I strive to offer comprehensive guidance. The Name Meaning section is not just a repository of information but a resource where parents can discover the rich tapestry of meanings associated with different names. It is my belief that a child’s name is more than just a label; it encapsulates the desires, hopes, and love of the parents.
In this journey of baby naming, my goal is to make the process enjoyable and meaningful for parents, ensuring that the chosen name resonates with the family’s values and cultural background. I invite you to explore the Name Meaning of Impeccable Nest section as we embark on the delightful and important task of naming the newest members of your family.