Oh man, totally spaced on telling ya’ll about the Create and Cultivate conference that I attended last week in L.A..
To say this is THE conference to attend if you are a creative diva is much too modest.
Way too cool for school. If you have a chance to attend one of these, do it.
Better yet, make your chance, you need this ladies.
Key speakers included;
- Chelsea Handler
- Jessica Alba
- Rachel Zoe
- Amber Lewis
- Joy Cho
- Bri Emery
- Apartment Therapy
- Emily Henderson
P.S. if you don’t happen to know about these women, google them. They are amazing.
So much determination and such role models for women.
- Grassroot marketing.
- Identify your value.
- Working and parenting.
- Role of social media.
- Women mentoring women.
Some of the best advice from this weekend;
- Be authentic.
- Don’t should on yourself.
- Be persistent. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Don’t skimp on talent. Hire great people.
- You’ve got to grind. It ain’t easy living your best life.
- Stick to your brand..know why you are doing it, stay focused, and stay the course.
- Create relationships. Tell your story and connect with people.
- For every yes, there will be a hundred no’s.
- Surround yourself with people who “get it”. Don’t compromise.
- Hone in on your “secret sauce”. No one exactly like you. Be you.
- Never talk shit. Always take the high ground.
- Every girl is a girl’s girl. Reach back and help a sista.
- Women need to mentor women.
- Be direct, don’t bullshit. You don’t have to get people to like you.
- Just show up.
- We owe it to each other to be girlfriends.
- Be kind, don’t be judgy.
- Be loud. Be honest. Be bold.
- Stop listening to the negatives.
- Shut up…you’re fucking amazing.
Extra big shout out to my mentors.
- Erin Condren
- Heather Sorden
- Danielle Yadegar.
You ladies rock!
Thank you L.A.
It was great to be back home for the weekend.
Line Hotel…well worth a stay.
Go out and make it happen…we’ve only got this one big life.
Live it your way. Drop the mic.