Where to begin?
You’ve put paint on the walls.
You’ve put in the basic furnishings; bed, nightstands, lighting, even some art.
Yet why doesn’t it look and feel complete?
This is where we often find our clients.
Frustrated and stuck.
They have a picture in their minds or a feeling they want to express but they can’t quite get it to happen.
Here are some easy tips to making it happen:
1. establish a focal point. In a bedroom, the area above the bed is perfect for this. It can be as simple as a headboard. Or center the bed to “greet” the room.
2. Layering of textiles add interest. Pillows, bedding, throws are great ways to do this.
3. Art…make sure it is hung at eye level. The most common mistake is hanging art too high.
4. Define a seating or sleeping area with an area rug. Even if you have a carpeted space, area rugs add definition and make an impact.
5. Accessories make it go from bland to finished. Dressing your room is much like dressing yourself. Jewelry, scarves, shoes, hats, glasses, even makeup are the accessories that make your look complete. Same with your room.
From stuck to stunning, this guest room is warm and inviting.
All you need is the smell of coffee brewing downstairs
and your guest will never want to leave!
We love powder rooms. If you are so lucky to have this tiny gem in your home. One that does not have to function for your everyday grooming. This is a room that should knock your socks off. And we say "go amazeballs! Only one rule. Go B I G or go home. This is…
Who doesn't want a living room that has an impact on everyone that comes through your door. Well, sign me up. This young family wanted that and more. They wanted to push the envelope and be a bit daring. As a young family they had budget concerns but they were open to creativity to get…
Not sure about the whole interior designer enchilada. Why not give e-design a go. It is perfect for those that love to source items (shop), have some time to dedicate to the job, and have a flair for decorating. All you need to do is send us your room's measurements, key photos (furniture to remain…